14.5.11

THIS.IS.EVEN:MORE.OLDSKOLE!

I have been playing RPG's for many years and one of the things everybody seems to remember from the early days is the red box Dungeons and Dragons set.
I'm almost certain that I have one of those lying around somewhere but I just recently found this:
The Blue Dungeons and Dragons Expert set.
The Front:

The inside cover sporting fancy blue print. This seems to be the 1983 edition...

Close but no cigar: The resurrection spell. - (Correction: A closer look suggests that the drawing is intended to illustrate the "Speak with the dead"-spell on the same page. But still no cigar!)

And maps obviously. Several in fact. There be Bugbears hiding in the hexagonal forrests as this one clearly shows.

Wikipedia tells us that this was the third Dungeons and Dragons Edition and that 1983 brought us the Basic Set (red box), Expert Set (blue box), Companion Set (teal box, levels 15–25), 1984 Master Set (black box, levels 26–36), and (in 1985) Immortals Set (gold box, levels 36+). [Link]
I remember the red, the blue and the teal sets. I believe that one of my co-players had the black guide-book but I remember the color as a dark brown... The Immortals set I had only heard about in those days.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

Nu er det din tur!